Sunday 5 July 2015

"MIND TRAP" Part 5

OK folks, here is part 5 of this gripping story featuring Ryan Hawley as Ben Chatham:

[B]"MIND TRAP" Part 5[/B]

The uniformed man approached Ben and raised the gun to Ben's head, grinning widely. However before he could shoot, a voice shouted:

"Stop, bring that one here!"

It was Eastman. The uniformed man grabbed Ben roughly by the arm, while the other pointed his gun at Kyle:

"How about this one boss? Shall I waste 'im?"

"Bring them both here!" Eastman shouted impatiently. Ben and Kyle were marched over to Eastman who shook his head:

"Oh dear oh dear. It seems that I will have to process you two volunteers sooner than I anticipated." Ben glared angrily at him:

"I am Ben Chatham and Kyle and I are here on an Operation Delta investigation. Just what kind of operation are you running here Eastman? These goons have just gunned down a teenage boy in cold blood." Eastman waved his hand from side to side:

"I do not take kindly to people coming here on false pretences. We are a retreat that offers people peace, tranquility and an escape from the stress of the outside world. " Ben is angered:

"You are talking absolute nonesense Eastman. I am shocked and disgusted by the sheer offensiveness of all of this. You claim to offer people help with their problems while tortureing and killing them." Eastman grinned:

"I think that I may as well let you into the full scope of our work here. *To the men* Bring them to the main laboratory."

Meanwhile, back in the chill out room, 'Portia Devine' was being ushered in by Catherine, one of Eastman's female volunteers. Katie and Joe were all over each other on the sofa. Catherine pretended to clear her throat and Katie looked up annoyed:

"This is our new guest, Miss Portia Devine. I would have hoped that there would still be some salad and wine left, but it seems like you've pigged it all. I will prepare some more. Oh and if you two wish to get intimate, I'd recommend a nice outdoor romp in the woods out there. The volunteers love it." Katie gave her an icy look:

"Do I look like the kind of woman that enjoys rolling around in a load of leaves? I'm not some damn tree-hugger". Joe stroked her chin:

"Hey babe, it sounds like fun". Katie frowned:

"Not to me it doesn't.*to Catherine* Bring us some more wine and food. Go on, run along." Catherine shrugged and left. When she had gone, Sandra approached Katie with a feisty look:

"OK, lets cut to the chase. I'm Sandra Harrison and I'm here on an undercover police operation. I know who you are and all about your organisation. We do not like having outside agencies such as yours interfering with police investigations." Katie stared at Sandra and elegantly removed Joe's arms from around her. Then she calmly stood up and walked up to Sandra, her hips swaying. She moved her face to within an inch of Sandra's:

"I'll have you know that we have official authority from the highest level in government that whenever our paths cross those of the police, our role in the investigation takes precedence. Therefore I suggest that you take your high handed attitude and stick it before I deck you." Sandra grinned sardonically:

"Oh I can see that Miss Katie Ryan is as charming as her reputation suggests. Its a shame that her figure doesn't follow suit." Katie lit a cigarette and blew smoke into Sandra's face:

" Oh there is no need to be concerned about my figure darling. Its clear that you are so used to seeing your own sagging tits in the mirror that you assume that all figures should look like that." Sandra smiled ironically:

"Well at least I look forward to viewing myself in the mirror as I don't have to fear the sight of any crows nests around my eyes".

Joe intervenes:

"Er look girls, this isn't really getting us anywhere is it".

"Butt out!" Katie and Sandra shouted in unison.

"Oh well, if you're gonna be like that, I'm going for a snoop round" Joe replied, getting up and heading for the door. Katie and Sandra followed:

"Not without us you're not. A man let loose on his own is a recipe for disaster", Katie said, Sandra nodding in agreement.

Joe, Katie and Sandra walked towards the TV room. Inside they saw a plasma screen tv showing 'Coronation Street' and an empty row of seats, apart from one elderly lady:

"Nothing to see in here. Lets try and find some of the volunteers" Katie stated. As they turned to leave, the old lady tugged Joe's sleeve:

"*Whispering* Hey up me duck, are you here with 'im? Ben Chatham?" Katie frowned:

"How the hell do you know about Ben Chatham?" Katie snapped.

"I heared you lot talkin' earlier in the room out theeyer me duck. This 'eeerin' aid is a good un, best one I've 'ad yet. I'm Epsie. Epsie Carnell. 'ere its me birthday next week, I'm 88....."

*Interupting* "We are not interested in your damn birthday. You should not have been evesdropping on our conversation" Katie stated angrily. Epsie frowned:

"Don't you get narky wi me or I'll 'it you wi me stick. You young 'uns don't know you're born. Now listen. I know what 'ees up to. That Eastman. 'Eees hypnotisin' them young 'uns so ee can get'em to kill people for 'im. Top folk in the government. I recon ee must be one a them Nazis. In the war we 'ad one hidin' in the spinney , came by parachute ee did....." Sandra interrupted:

*Interupting* "Oh how interesting. Now you just watch your programme and have a nice little nap there. It must be tiring talking to us. *To Katie whispering* The old bat must be senile". Katie nodded.

Meanwhile Ben and Kyle were led into the large grey building they had seen earlier. Ben grimaced:

"The design of this building is vile. A grey corrugated box. I hope you shot the architect". Eastman laughed:

"Oh very droll. I'd like you to appreciate the scope of what we are doing here and fortunately you are just in time for a little test."

Ben and Kyle were led to a small room where a plasma screen was showing some CCTV footage of a university campus. A group of men in gowns were standing around as a man in a suit approached, surrounded by other formal looking people.

"This is Sir Douglas Leyton, the Minister for Science and Technology, about to open a new science wing of Lincoln University" Eastman stated.

"Why are you showin' us this?" Kyle asked. Eastman grinned and picked up a mobile. He rang a number. Ben and Kyle noticed one of the female students on the TV screen answer a call.

"Peace and love" Eastman stated. The girl on the screen pulled out a knife and lunged at Leyton, stabbing him before his security could stop her........

...........to be continued.

No comments: