Tuesday 16 February 2010

"CHATEAU OF DEATH" Part 4

OK folks, the plot thickens in the exciting fourth part:

"CHATEAU OF DEATH": Part 4

Ben and Madame Camboux rush upstairs as they hear a loud thud coming from one of the rooms. Ben flings open the door to see Piers sat on the end of his bed shaking with shock. The wardrobe door is open and a corpse lies on the floor, its glazed lifeless eyes staring upwards.
"I..I opened the wardrobe door to fetch a jacket and.... and this thing fell out...." Piers stammers.
"Its Francois, my butler. How odd. He brought us drinks only ten minutes ago" Madame Camboux exclaims.Ben feels for a pulse on the corpse:
"Madame, this man has been dead for hours, maybe days. The cadavor is stone cold. I suspect that an android has taken his place. It seems odd that the body was hidden in here. Maybe Piers is in on it."
Piers stares angrily at Ben, tears streaming down his face:
"Why do you say that? Why? You make me so sad. You want me out of here so that you can have Madame to yourself. You are so attractive that you will get what you want."
Ben goes over to him:
"I assure you that I have no designs on Madame Camboux. I apologise Piers, I can see now that my suspicions are unfounded. And you are very attractive yourself. I find the French accent aluring" Ben replies.Piers rests his head on Ben's shoulder.
"I think we should go downstairs and tackle this android. I have this" Madame Camboux exclaims, holding up a small, petite silver pistol.

Slowly they creep downstairs and into the lounge, where 'Francois' is clearing up glasses.
"Don't move or I'll shoot. What is your purpose impersonating my butler?" Madame Camboux shouts, holding the pistol.The android leaps forward, grabbing her arm. The pistol goes off, breaking a vase. Ben and Piers try to grab him and as he flails about, Sebastian leaps up, swings on the light fittings and jabs him in the eyes with his rear paws. The android falls back and its head hits the fireplace emitting a loud bang, sparks & smoke. Ben examines it:
"The thing is dead. Good work Sebastian."Sebastian chuckles to himself while Madame Camboux inspects the broken vase.

Later, after the others return back, Ben holds a team meeting in the lounge. Craig is finishing off a poem while Madame Camboux gives Sebastian a saucer of absinthe and a dish of exclusive smoked salmon & caviar cat food, 50 euros a tin.
"Are you sure you should be giving that animal alcohol?" Katie tersely exclaims. Sebastian takes a mouthful of food and feigns a sneeze, sending food splattering all over Katie.
"Oh ****, does that thing do that all the time" she shouts. Isobel goes over to Sebastian and strokes him:
"Poor little cat, he's got a chill. Poor little thing". Sebastian goes to scratch his ear and accidently on purpose scratches Isobel's hand, deep grooves. She screams. Sebastian chuckes to himself. Katie sits next to him and gives him a nudge:
"Ok pal, I think I get you. I suggest we call a truce. You and me could really get on." Sebastian chuckles to himself.Ben asserts himself:
"OK its time to focus. Enough of this banter. What we know is that a group of androids is after wine, probably a specific bottle. Have you bought any wine from that shop Madame?"
"Oh yes. Most of the stock in the cellar is from there. However the Francois android has no doubt searched through all those. Although I do keep a couple of bottles under my bed in case I fancy one in the night" Madame Camboux replies.Ben grins:
"Thats it! The android may not have thought of searching there...." However as he speaks the door flies open. Two completely faceless androids walk in holding guns.................

............... to be continued.

No comments: