There were so many things wrong with that story that the list could go on forever. However here goes:
1) Wafer thin plotting. The story was simplistic CBBCish fare that reminded me of a poor episode of the SJA. An alien escapes than gets zapped by its guards with a lot of running around in between.
2) All style over substance. Garish colours, gaudy sets and no intelligence in the scripting.
3) Few memorable or witty lines.
4) Everyone behaving like a child with no proper adult characters other than undeveloped support characters who we learn little about.
5) A boring, dragging sense to it all.
6) The redesigned TARDIS is garish and clearly merchandise driven.
7) The new theme music is a poor and overcooked distortion of the original.